Talking about our old childhood days, when we love to snug under our favorite cozy blanket and its desire doesn’t go away even in adulthood. A great organic blanket not only provides warmth but it offers a look and feel that you love. Choosing the one that is best for you is crucial to find while having endless organic blankets options.
So, whether you’re curling up in a bed or lounging on the couch, a comfy and sustainable organic blanket is a must-have. Therefore, it is important to know the best tips and shopping considerations for making the right choice of blankets to help you get the most of your new blanket before you start shopping for a blanket.
6 Best Tips For Choosing Best Organic Blankets
You need to keep in mind the following key elements before making a comfy and best blanket purchasing decisions:
Type of Blanket
Knowing the kind of blanket you are looking to have is a very key and important information that you should know. We all know there are unlimited types of blankets available in the market. Before shopping, it is your responsibility to know the type of blanket you’re looking to buy and how you’ll use it. Some of the types of blankets include:
- Standard Blanket: Here, we use this term “Standard” for a blanket that comes in various standard bed sizes (King, Queen, Twin, and Double). In reality, there is no such thing or term used for choosing the type of blankets.
- Throw: A throw is commonly draped over a couch or chair and designed for casual use. It is a light-weight blanket and uses for decorative purposes. Its size is usually 70 inches by 50 inches.
- Heated Blanket: Heated blankets provide generally heat with a built-in internal electric mechanism. It is commonly suitable for use during cold winter nights.
- Weighted Blanket: This blanket is known for its added weight, often ranging from 5 to 30 pounds. It is believed that this added pressure makes people feel more at-ease in bed and beneficial for their mental well-being.
- Quilt: This type of blanket is a light-weight and usually known for a decorative design on the exterior stitching, whose interior layer is covered by material stitched together.
- Waffle Blankets: Waffle blankets are knitted in a way that provides you breathable layering in hot temperatures and keeps you warm during cold winter nights.
- Coverlets: Coverlets are basically a thin layered bedspread designed to serve as a decorative accent piece and features a woven face with cotton or linen backing.
- Summer Blankets:
Summer blankets serve as a décor accent piece and an ideal choice for those sleepers who like some layering even in the warm summer season. Made from cotton, linen, or rayon, it is light in weight and breathable that absorb moisture and keep dry during hot summer nights.
Material is another essential factor that influences the blanket’s performance, and it directly affects the feel, breathability, warmth, and other factors. In short, you can not find a single material type that fits best in all kind of situations, but it highly depends on your preferences and use. For example, if you are looking for a blanket for a soft and soothing feel and a specific hot season, you will surely look for light-weight blanket material. The most common organic blanket material includes organic wool, cotton, fleece, etc., which met standards for organic production and got the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS).
The weave is also another very important factor that influences organic blankets’ performance. For example, the loose the weave is, the less it will provide you heat; however, it can be used for decoration. On the other hand, the tighter weave keeps you warm and offer more warmth. So, whether you want a tighter or looser weave, it all depends on how you intend to use a blanket.
It is obvious that all of us always look for durability before choosing to buy an organic blanket. How durable the blanket depends on its material and weave. Like other important factors, the usage of blankets will directly affect its durability. If you are looking for a blanket for night use or one that you will use for regular use, it all affects your choice of a blanket in terms of reliability and durability.
The size of the organic blankets has its importance. Although, most standard blankets come in regular mattress sizes. However, it also depends upon your use. Therefore, it is essential to know the dimensions of a blanket that fits your bed size to give you the most of it.
Color and Pattern
Color scheme, pattern, and appearance of your bedding products, especially a blanket, play a significant role in your bedroom’s overall style and aesthetic. Ensure that you have spent enough time picking the right blanket for yourself and considering the overall décor of your bedroom, including other bedding products and their style, before choosing a blanket.
Whatever your décor and style of your room is, Naturesoft Bedding has a vast and exquisite collection of organic blankets available in various sizes and style of your choice. Add an extra dose of cozy soft feel like you are sleeping on a cloud with the best quality natural blankets from the Naturesoft Bedding.